Popular blog featuring author interviews, book reviews, book tips.

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Interview with Novelist Sandra Krajewski

Where are you from? 

Sharpsburg, KY

Tell us your latest news?

 I am preparing 3 children’s books, 1 Poetry book, 1 novella( PASSIN’) and  a new idea in Cookbooks (I FEEL LIKE COOKIN’!) for release in late Fall 2014

When and why did you begin writing? 

I have always written…I had my first poem published when I was 9 years old…I was a Singer/Songwriter in Nashville from 1990 to 1996 and published my first novella (THERE ARE NO LIGHTHOUSES IN KENTUCKY) IN 2004, FOLLOWED BY 4 MORE BOOKS (1 EARLY READERS BOOK AND 3 CHILDREN’S BOOKS SINCE THEN)

When did you first consider yourself a writer?

 Probably since Nashville…around 1990

What inspired you to write your first book? 

My thirstiness to teach children and my readiness to tell a story

Do you have a specific writing style?

 No…I just like to write about every subject …poetry and prose…everything!
 
How did you come up with the title of your book or series? 

Usually just as I did song hooks; by something I heard said and like it or found amusing.
 
Quickly, give us the title and genre of your book and a 30-word or less tagline:

“The lines across our generations can be long and tricky in linage…if searched we never know what or who or the importance of what we may find. PASSIN’ is just about that a “throwback” child who presents the question, and provides the opportunity to find out where the road began to discover history  and finally TRUTH!”


Who is your intended audience and why should they read your book? 

For anybody who was evercurious about where they truly came from.

 Tell us a little bit about your cover art. Who designed it? Why did you go with that particular image/artwork?

 A friend and work colleague…an art teacher from the school I taught at. We designed it together and she drew it.


Who is your favorite character from your book and why? 

Grace Montgomery…the Mother and main character who goes in search to find the answers for her child she loves so dearly.



Give us an interesting fun fact or a few about your book or series: 

This book lead me on a search for my own linage and history.


 What other books are similar to your own?  What makes them alike?

 Barbara Delinsky and a book called FAMILY TIES. She is my favorite author.


Do you have any unique talents or hobbies?

 I was previously a COUNTRY Singer and Songwriter
 
How can we contact you or find out more about your books? 

Sandra Krajewski  at sandra_krajewski@yahoo.com and some previous through Amazon.com

What can we expect from you in the future? 

More books…I have much more for illustration and production

Do you have any tips for readers or advice for other writers trying to get published?

 Be careful and selective. It will require a relationship and long-term friendship with them. Choose someone you can trust and like


Is there anything else you’d like to say? 

Just that I love and enjoy writing more than anything else I do.


And now, before you go, how about a snippet from your book that is meant to intrigue and tantalize us: 

This new book PASSIN'... takes us on a journey through the generations  and how we each have many races and nationalities inside our families and the difference that slavery has played in ALL of our lives! When a racially genetic “throwback” black child is born in 2010 to two white parents, a search begins from one branch of the same family tree.

On the other side of the same split family tree. 

One hundred and one year old Catherine Rose Johnson Moore has been carrying a secret that has been weighing on her heart for many years and now she realizes that the bridge will have to be crossed and somehow connected. She meets and thinks she may have found the answer to that connection in a young woman named Grace, and her newborn, African American baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot