Popular blog featuring author interviews, book reviews, book tips.

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Monday, January 13, 2014

I write because the alternative is unimaginable - Bobbi Lerman



Our Today's Author -  Bobbi Lerman
Bobbi Lerman
My love for writing began at a young age when I would spend afternoons crafting short stories about my extended family in the three family home I grew up in.  Through the years, my writing has evolved to cover a multitude of topics, from travel writing for blogs such as Wanderlust Woman, View from the Pier and others, to the publication of her novella, Providence,which appeared in the anthology First Night published by Antares Press. Today I primarily writes Historical Medieval Romance and travel essays.
As a self-proclaimed “muse locator,” I’ve been running workshops for over fifteen years aimed at helping writers unblock, and find their voice and inspiration. I founded Scribblers Ink, an active online community and website offering interviews with authors, writing tips, and daily prompts.  
When I’m not writing or work-shopping, I love to travel.

What do you write?

I write historical romance set for the most takes part in Scotland and England.  What can I say; I’m partial to a man in a kilt and there is something about the northwest Highlands of Scotland that is pure magic.  I also write travel essay and person memoir pieces.

Why do you write?

I write because the alternative is unimaginable. 


For Whom do you write?

Would I love to be multi-published and make the NY Times or any best seller list. Well, yes, that would be lovely, however, I write for me, because the stories rumbling around in my brain, the words simply need to be released onto paper. I love weaving stories.  I love reading stories. 

By whom are you inspired?

I’m inspired by far too many people to list, but, If I were to name the person who inspired me to try my hand at writing my first historical romance, I would have to say; Julie Garwood.
You can share your current writing (Any small story/poem) or tell your future plan about writing.

You can share your current writing (Any small story/poem) or tell your future plan about writing.

Right now I’m tweaking (I hope for the last time, lol) a time travel novella and I’m working on finishing the first draft of my WIP along with the daily running of Scribbler’s Ink, my Facebook writing prompt page and the companion blog. My plans for the future you ask? Hmm, write more, finish my novel, submit it for publication, grow my writing workshops from day long to maybe a few weekend writing retreats, write more! 

Give five pieces of advice to a new writer?

Write what you love. 

Write for yourself, for the joy of putting words to a page. 

Write every day, even if it’s for five minutes. 

Take part in writing workshops or classes, you can never stop learning your craft. 
 
Never, ever, give up. 


Give five pieces of advice to a reader?

There is no such thing as reading too much.

Occasionally read a genre out of your comfort zone, it will expand your perspective and your mind. 

If you enjoy a story, write a short note to the author via email/snail mail and let them know. 

Post reviews, honest reviews, not nasty reviews. 

Donate books to libraries or other worthy organizations. Share the magic. 




To read one of my published travel or personal  essays, go to:



To check out my website, my Facebook or Twitter writing prompt community, my blog or sign up for one of my upcoming writing workshops, go to:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot