Popular blog featuring author interviews, book reviews, book tips.

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Monday, November 11, 2013

I have enjoyed writing stories ever since I was a child – some of them based on nightmares that I had - Susan Elle


Our Today's author Susan Elle. She is the writer of Sara Colson Trilogy.


Susan Elle
Author Susan Elle





What you write?   

While most of my books involve romance, I would say that they are heavily laced with suspense and intrigue. I enjoy developing the characters so that they meet challenges in their lives and grow from those challenges, just as we do. Love may not always run smooth, but if it is worth having it is worth going through the trials and tribulations that everyday life throws at us – of course, these are often exaggerated where my characters are concerned but always on a believable level.






Why you write?

 I have enjoyed writing stories ever since I was a child – some of them based on nightmares that I had. Writing, for me, used to be a cathartic experience, now it is fun and exciting. My readers often feedback that they felt all of the emotions that my characters underwent in the story, that they can sometimes relate the situations back to their own lives – this is one of the highest compliments that an author can be paid. We write for our reader’s enjoyment, if not there would be no purpose, no incentive to continue.







For whom you write?

My books are definitely aimed at adult readers. I would say that most are female with an age range of 18 years to the golden years. But not all of my readers are female. I have a small, but growing, fan base of males – these usually range from mid 30s to late 60s and I love to hear their feedback and suggestions for more storylines.






By whom you inspired?

I have many authors that I aspire to emulate in their ability to tell a good tale and their character development skills. These three ladies, Iris Johansen, Patricia Cornwell and Nora Roberts, have given me hours of enjoyment and have set a really high bar for me to reach even a tenth of their writing talents.




You can Share you current writing (Any small Story/Poem) or Tell your Future plan about writing?


Currently I am in the process of publishing a second book in the CCS Investigations series – this is a follow on from The Sara Colson Trilogy, which continues to be a favourite with my readers.
Catherine Colson-Sayers is a very different female protagonist, she is brash, often rude and swears like a trouper – but it is all a defense mechanism to keep people at a distance where they cannot hurt her.
In the CCS Investigations series Catherine has grown into a wife and mother of twin boys. She still strives to conceal her feelings, not trusting people in general enough to let them see the real Catherine. But Logan gets right under her skin and is the only man to have earned her love and deepest respect.
This series continues to explore their growing relationship and the cases that Catherine’s new investigations agency takes on.

The Sara Colson Trilogy is the first of Susan Elle’s books to be released as audiobooks. They are narrated by actress Jilly Bond and are available from http://spokenworldaudio.com/index.html  or  here http://www.susan-elle.com/ and will be available from Audible later this year.
To all my readers I give my grateful thanks for enabling me to do a job that I love and for all your inspirational feedback. - Susan Elle xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot