Popular blog featuring author interviews, book reviews, book tips.

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Dreaming Big in a Small Town - Taylor-Grace Davis






Our Today's Author   Taylor-Grace Davis



Taylor-Grace Davis
Taylor-Grace Davis





WHAT I write:

 Author of DESTINED the first novel in the Protector Trilogy which was released September 2013.  The Abyss, the second novel in the series will be out December 2013. The third novel in the trilogy will be released in 2014.

WHY I write.   

My Twitter slogan is “Dreaming Big in a Small Town,” 

I live in a small town in Western NC.  The population is 467 give or take a few.  My high school has no arts program but I have had an interest for a career in the arts from a young age.  My slogan “dreaming big in a small town” is so important to me because I refuse to let my environment or lack of big dreams opportunities keep me from making it.  I began writing because I knew that so many movies today come from a great book and that many filmmakers prefer a trilogy.


For whom do I write? 

I write for my self and my future.  I also do what I do because of the support from such wonderful parents. They have always been supportive of my dreams and told me I could do whatever I wanted to do, even when people in my small town may have thought it was a silly dream.  I have had some great role models in the business too who have showed me what hard work and determination can lead to. 



Balancing Writing and being a teenager (16)

Right now I have not had a hard time balancing the two of them because I have taken this time off from filming to write.  I started writing my first novel this summer and waited until it was published until I started the second one.  I am not slated to film anything until Jan of 2014.    The hardest thing is balancing high school honors classes and other high school activities with trying to do both.  I have set high expectations for myself in regards to my grades so my time to write is normally now on the weekends.  Currently I am in the top ten in my class with a 4.25 I have a strong interest to go to college but I am not sure if I will go directly to a 4 year University.  I know if I do not I will take online classes, which can be transferred when I decided what to do.  I would like to study history, creative writing and of course film making and acting.  I would like to spend some time in LA as well once I turn 18. 


What was it that inspired THE PROTECTOR SERIES?

This may sound crazy but I have so many stories in my mind.  So this summer I did not want to just lay around and not do anything so I thought I would be productive and write.  I really did not expect my writing to turn into a novel and be published so quickly so that was a nice surprise.


What is your writing process like? Do you have a set schedule? Do you outline, or prefer to unearth a story naturally?

This summer when I was not in school I wrote everyday in a coffee shop.  I went just about every day.  While I have written The Abyss, I have just written when I could.  I do not use an outline.  I have a not book and I do write down ideas that may come to me that I could use but even I do not know what is going to happen until I start writing.  My honors English teachers would tell me this is NOT the best way to write , that I need a plan however it works for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot