Popular blog featuring author interviews, book reviews, book tips.

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Friday, July 25, 2014

Interview with Mindy Larson


Mindy Larson



Where are you from?

I'm from the Salt Lake City Utah area and currently I live in Southeast Idaho.

Tell us your latest news?

I'm excited to announce the near completion to my Pre-Earth series. Book three entitled, No One Gets Out Alive is weeks away from being completed and most likely a few months out from going live. 

When and why did you begin writing?

I've been writing forever!! My first book was a pop-up book when I was eight years old. And why, because I have to! For as long as I can remember my characters speak to me and beg me to give them life.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?

I suppose when I wrote my first book at age eight and more so when I signed a publishing contract with Lavish Publishing LLC on November 11th 2013

What inspired you to write your first book?

Since I can't remember the details involved behind my first book, I'll tell you about my first novel. The title, This Morning I Woke Up Dead, came to me first and I got chills! I was super excited and just  knew I was onto something. Cracking open my laptop, I sat down and wrote for four hours straight, the magical part was that it only felt like minutes. And although Hadley Christensen was dead, her story quickly came to life. 

Do you have a specific writing style?

I've been told I paint pictures with my words and I'm very romantic in my style of writing. 
How did you come up with the title of your book or series?

My brother called me up one day, and said, 'You know what would be a great title for a book? This Morning I Woke Up Dead.' Immediately I loved it! And asked if I could use it. Its book one in my Pre-Earth series. Why Pre-Earth? Because in my novels I discuss different realms of existence. Pre-Earth, a realm in which everyone is alive. Earth, a realm in which is everyone is dead but they don't know it. And the afterlife, the realm in which everyone is dead and they do know it.
Quickly, give us the title and genre of your book and a 30-word or less tagline:

I have three books currently for sale; The Beginning of the End, This Morning I Woke Up Dead, and Wake Up! We're No Longer Dead. They're paranormal romances. And as for a quick blurb, 'You're probably wondering how I died. The better question might be when did I realize I was never alive?' What if death isn't death but the beginning of something extraordinary? Meet soul mates Hadley and Dominic. They're separated by different realms of existence but their love still knows no bounds. Not even in death.  




Who is your intended audience and why should they read your book?

My books are for ages sixteen and up. And only read them if you've ever wondered about what happens after you die, if you want to believe in the power of true love, and lastly, if you enjoy thinking deeply about life, death, and everything in between. 


Tell us a little bit about your cover art. Who designed it? 
Why did you go with that particular image/artwork?

My cover artist came with my publishing contract. She's brilliantly talented and her name is Nicolene Van Staden of Nicolene Lorette Design http://www.nicolenelorettedesign.co.uk

Who is your favorite character from your book and why?

This is hard to choose! Its like picking a favorite child or a favorite dessert. And depending on the day, I'd give you a different answer. Today my favorite character is Logan, because he's so much fun to write. He's a bad boy with rugged good looks. Think Bradley Cooper. He doesn't like playing by the rules, and making him completely irresistible, he has a big heart!


Give us an interesting fun fact or a few about your book or series:

They're based on a true story. Yours. Will you believe? 


 What other books are similar to your own?  What makes them alike?

Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin is similar in the way that both our books take place in the afterlife. Another one   that's similar is, My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares. In her book the characters are soul mates and they repeatedly find one another in many different lifetimes. 


Do you have any unique talents or hobbies?

When I'm not writing,, I enjoy spending time with my kids, baking, cooking, crocheting, playing disc golf with my husband, and exploring new places.

How can we contact you or find out more about your books?


What can we expect from you in the future?

Lots and lots of books! And I've been told that my books would be amazing movies. (Wink, wink!!)

Do you have any tips for readers or advice for other writers trying to get published?

Write for you. Don't do it for the money or fame. Do it because it makes you happy. And don't be afraid to share your gift with the world! It will cost you nothing to believe and everything not to.


 Is there anything else you’d like to say?

Thanks for having me! And for letting me chat about the something that's very dear to me, my books.  

And now, before you go, how about a snippet from your book that is meant to intrigue and tantalize us:

Here's a snippet from my FREE prequel, The Beginning of The End. 

'As the nearly violent wind rakes through my hair, I can't help but turn back with wonder. The ghost of the SUV remains back at the light. I can't see them, but they've left behind not only their imprints of mistakes and terrible choices but a couple of their friends.  When I whip back around, the road curves abruptly, forcing me to take the turn too fast. Even for me, it's much too fast. Gravity takes over and my bike leans. I try to pull it up but I can't barely budge it. The gravel is coming close. Too close. Closing my eyes, I wait. Em's face is all I see. Her pretty face. The way her liquid eyes meet mine. I hear her laugh. Her big joyfully laugh. Holding my  breath, I wait to meet my fate and feel the impeding burn. My skin feels hot. Tingly. Gravel is spitting up allover and I can't see. 
Shit.
The road blurs more and more. It's fast. It's slow. And both at the same time. My stomach clenches. It's like nothing I've ever experienced before. There's no denying it, I am a deadman.
But wait. 
Wait. 
Wait.
I am not going to die. 
I am already dead.' -Logan Chapter Two, The Beginning of The End.



This Morning I Woke Up Dead Book Trailer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot