Popular blog featuring author interviews, book reviews, book tips.

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Friday, May 2, 2014

I write to release emotions that bother me or enlighten me - Bathsheba Dailey



I am a lover of the outdoors; if I can fish or hunt I am a HAPPY COUNTRY GIRL. I love watching my girls grow up even though there are times I think I will go crazy out of my mind. I am the first person that will tell you impossibilities are achievable, but yet I am the biggest chicken of all when it comes to changes. I do however believe that a new beginning is better than an old ending.


 
Author Bathsheba Dailey





1.       What do you write? 

I mainly write poetry but I have also written my biography. I am also now writing my first fictional.

2.       Why do you write?

 I write to release emotions that bother me or enlighten me. I love when someone tells me that something I wrote helped them in some way that was for the positive.


3.For whom do you write?

  I write for anyone who loves poetry, but I also write to those who have suffered abuse of some kind. 

4. By whomare you inspired?

  I am inspired by life and all that it offers in the good and the bad. 

5 .Can  you share your current writing (Any small Story/Poem) or Tell your Future plan About writing?

  I am working on a book called “Sinfully Becoming” Here is a very small part of it;

  The death of my family had consumed my every thought throughout my days. The nights bled nightmares into my mind; my dreams were haunted by the grains of dirt that now covered the bodies of my husband and children. A once happy house was now a prison of fear and lonesomeness. 
  Every day I called the detectives asking them about the deaths of my family and every day the same reply would be told, no news as of yet and to be patient! I was too scared to leave my home we still did not know who had murdered my family and I could no longer leave my once safe haven for fear that this was not just a robbery and we were just the chosen victims. To be told to be patient everyday was starting to make me lose faith that anything was even being done to bring the murderers to justice and the police department was losing my respect for them more every day. How would they react if this were their family? Could they be patient as they just sat back waiting for word of an arrest? Every day I was losing more of my will to live, everyday ran into the next with nothing different than the day before except the date on the calendar that seemed to rack on the months with still yet no word from the police department. Not even a lead had emerged yet!
  I could not sleep anymore and the person I had once been was changing into someone I could not recognize anymore. My thoughts were growing dark and demented with hate and thoughts of death. I would look at my medications and knives everyday wondering if I had it in me to just end everything now so I did not have to live in fear anymore. When I was not thinking about my own death I would think about the murderer’s deaths and how I hoped that one day I could see their faces filled with fear and agony. I could not help but wonder if they had any remorse for killing children or if this was just an everyday norm for them.
  I could not stop pacing, I could not stop thinking and the front door was becoming more alluring every day. I just sit and watch it and then I see myself open it to feel the sun on my face. The breeze hits me and for a second I feel alive but as always this was just what I seen but never had the courage to do.


6. Give five pieces of advice to a new writer? 

Try to stay positive even when writing seems like a losing battle.

When you do feel at loss walk away from your writing, sometimes a new perspective is for the best even if it takes months to find.

Start meeting people and creating a following before you are ready to sell your book.

Create a page that you can show tidbits of your book on while in the process of writing it. This will create more interest in your work. 

Always remember the easy part is writing your book, the hard part is selling it. Plan ahead so you do not get overwhelmed with negativity of slow sales. 





7. Give five pieces of advice to a reader?

Always read what interest you but yet keep an open mind.

Remember that authors are humans and they will make mistakes.

Don’t always look for known names because you could be missing out on a lot of great authors and stories.

Although getting freebies are great when it comes to indie writers it is a loss on their part and writing is just like a normal job, you have to make money or there is no reason to poor your sweat and tears into a book. Support them with their books that are also on sale so they have a reason to continue writing, there would be nothing worse than finding the next great author and then them disappearing.

Authors love feedback so be sure to do reviews on the books that you have read and reach out to meet them personally. Readers give writers a reason to spin tales between blank pages.



Books:  Five Year Old Death, Hearts and Souls: The Beginning, Unhidden Reflections of the Heart, Soulful Writes, Soulful Writes two










No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot