Popular blog featuring author interviews, book reviews, book tips.

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

My mother was a writer so it’s in my blood - Kenya Moss-Dyme

Kenya Moss-Dyme began writing short-form horror in her teens and won several scholastic writing awards for her creative work.

The Pulpit Chronicles: Prey for Me is available on Amazon and is Kenya’s first full-length novel.
She has several exciting projects in development for 2014 under the Royal Dynasty Publications imprint, including a novel about an urban zombie apocalypse, more from the Pulpit Chronicles series about "preachers with very unchristian behavior", and a few stories that are a bit on the risqué side.


Kenya holds both an MBA in Business, and a Master’s in Education; as well as undergraduate degrees in Marketing and Web Development.




1.      What do you write? 

I write mostly horror and thrillers but I also enjoy writing erotic tales; stories that really make you care about the characters rather than just observing them from a distance.


2.      Why do you write? 

My mother was a writer so it’s in my blood.  I actually write for a living – in a different capacity and in a corporate setting, but it still involves the creative use of words.
 

3.      For whom do you write? 

I write for readers who enjoy a story that stays with you, and characters that you’ll quote and worry about as if they were real people.  You’ll find yourself walking through the grocery store and look at juice boxes and think about Reverend Theo Goody and Jamal, and you’ll wonder if Jamal is okay now – then you’ll remember that he’s not real.  That’s the kind of impression I want to make on my readers!  Then I know I’ve done my job.


4.      By whom are you inspired? 

The first author I was introduced to was Toni Morrison, author of The Bluest Eye.  Her gift for using words to paint pictures was inspiring to me and I wanted to write just like her.  Of course, I couldn’t, but I developed my own style and my own rhythm.


5.       Tell us your Future plan About writing?

I have several books in progress right now.  I keep a running list of the things I’m going to write about.  Right now, I’m working on an urban zombie apocalypse story that I’m really excited about and hoping to release next month.


6.      Give five pieces of advice to a new writer? 

·            Listen to your readers.  You can learn something, even from the bad reviews.
·            Let your friends and family know that writing is important to you so they will give you space to do so.
·            Make time to write.  You have to make it a priority or you’ll never find the time.
·            Work on being better.  We can always be better, no matter how good we are.
·            Pay attention to what’s going on in the world and put that in your stories to give them some authenticity.


7.      Give five pieces of advice to a reader?

·            You are important – leave feedback for the books you’ve read, even the negative reviews are helpful.
·            Support your favorite authors - we need you!
·            Take a chance on new writers.  You’ll never know how good they are until you give them a try.
·            Don’t just judge a book by its cover - go ahead and download those samples to see if you think you’ll like the rest of the book.
·            If a book moves you, take some time to let the author know.  We love to hear from people whose lives have been touched in some way by our work.


Your Website:

www.kenyamossdyme.com

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/kenya.mossdyme

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/KenyaMossDyme

Books:

Patchwork
The Pulpit Chronicles: Prey for Me  (Parts 1 and 2)
Coming Soon:  A Good Wife




No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot